Visit the Special Events page and the Calendar!
Post Candidates for 2021-2022
Renewals on the Updated American Legion Website
Attached are directions to log into the updated website.
If you wish to renew your membership on line, you will
have to follow this process. This will be for the upcoming
2022 memberships as well.
For those of you who have not yet received your Covid-19
vaccinations, the VA has made the following announcements:
These groups are now eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine as supply allows:
- All Veterans
- Spouses and surviving spouses of Veterans
- Caregivers of Veterans. For COVID-19 vaccine eligibility, we define a caregiver as a family member or friend who provides care to a Veteran. Caregivers may help a Veteran with personal needs like feeding, bathing, or dressing. They may also help a Veteran with tasks like shopping or transportation.
- Recipients of Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Department of Veterans Affairs (CHAMPVA) benefits
COVID-19 vaccine is available at all locations, by appointment or walk-in's through the hours of 9:00a.m. to 2:00p.m., Monday through Friday.
We are hosting several COVID-19 vaccine clinics offsite in communities throughout our region. Each clinic will offer appointment and/or walk-in availability. Documentation is not required. Details are as follows:
- April 9, 10:00a.m.-2:00p.m.: VFW Sarasota Sunshine Post 3233 (124 S. Tuttle Ave., Sarasota, FL 34237)
- April 12, 10:00a.m.-4:00p.m.: American Legion Bradenton Kirby Stewart Post 24 (2000 75th St. W, Bradenton, FL, 34209)
- April 13, 10:00a.m.-2:00p.m.: DayStar Life Center (1055 28th St S, St. Petersburg, FL 33712)
- April 17, 12:00p.m.-3:00p.m.: American Legion St. Pete Andy Anderson Post 125 (6440 5th Ave S, St. Petersburg, FL 33707)
- April 24, 9:00a.m.-2:00p.m.: Manatee County Public Safety Complex Drive Thru (2101 47th Terrace E, Bradenton, FL 34203)
- May 15, 9:00a.m.-2:00p.m.: Manatee County Public Safety Complex Drive Thru (2101 47th Terrace E, Bradenton, FL 34203)
October 1, 2020
August 21, 2020
2020-2021 Post Officers
Commander - Howard Van Nostrand
1st Vice - Peter Skentzos
2nd Vice - Norm MacLellan
Finance - Neil Collins
Adjutant - Terry Perkins
Sgt at Arms - Tom Overman
Assistant Sgt at Arms - Al Angelastri
American Legion Membership
Adjutant hours are Monday - Thursday 9am to 11am
Feel free to renew online - mylegion.org
mail in your membershp with a check
and your card will be
mailed to you.
Please see the Sons of the American Legion and Auxiliary
pages for Membership Information
Congratulations Post 159!!
Since our charter on April 16th, 1946, the American Legion NO-VEL (Nokomis, Osprey, Venice, Englewood, Laurel) Post 159 has been welcoming VETERANS from all branches of our Armed Forces. Today, we continue to welcome all military personnel serving our country. We meet at 6:00pm on the third Tuesday of every month. Joining our Post enables you to continue serving your God, Country and Community. Our mission is to implement the goals, aspirations, dreams, peace and blessings for our country, friends and families embodied in our preamble below.
To the wonderful patriotic citizens of the greater Venice community. Join our Post as a Booster or Sponsor. With over 2,000 members, NO-VEL Post 159 is among the largest Legion Posts in the largest Veterans Service Organization in the Nation. NO-VEL Post 159 is a non-profit 501(c)(19) organization. 100% of the monies raised are given back to the community. Help us to continue sponsoring Scholarships for our children; give aid and assistance to our local needy Veterans, and their families. Help us to continue to support financially worthy community programs and projects. Please review the "EVENTS CALENDAR" and "SPECIAL EVENTS" areas often and support our activities with your participation. Thank you.