NO-VEL POST 159 MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS
REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN THE AMERICAN LEGION
IMPORTANT: EVERYONE MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF
DD 214 OR DISCHARGE.
Click on above logo WHY YOU SHOULD BELONG
Eligible veterans applying for first time membership must submit the following information to the
NO-VEL Post 159 Adjutant:
1. Complete and Submit the NO-VEL Post 159 American Legion Membership application by clicking on "APPLICATION" button to the left, and, either bring to the Post or mail a copy of your DD-214 with your dues payment to the address below:
American Legion NO-VEL Post 159
1770 E. Venice Ave.
Venice, FL 34292-3190
Print two (2) completed copies of Application. Keep one copy for your records. Mail the other copy and copy of your DD-214 to above address, together with your $60.00 dues payment. Applications are also available at the Post.
2. Need a copy of your DD-214?
Click the following link to the National Archives and Records Administration online military personnel records request system:
Use the link to create an order form to request the information from your military records.
The National Archives and Records Administration is the official repository for the military records of discharged personnel from the U.S. Air Force, Army, Marine Corps, Navy and Coast Guard.
Click the following link for a DD-214 Discharge Application to be printed out and mailed in:
3. Membership Dues Payment. Dues. ($60.00). Make checks payable to "American Legion Post 159". DO NOT SEND CASH.
4. If the information is correct, membership will be approved and then a membership card will be mailed to you.
5. Please see eligibility dates below.
Veterans applying for transfers from your current Post to NO-VEL Post 159 must submit the following:
a. Completed Member Data Form.
b. COPY OF DD-214 OR DISCHARGE
c. COPY OF MEMBERSHIP CARD
6. Membership dues of $60.00 payment, if current year dues are not paid. If current dues are paid, please pay dues for next year's membership.
MEMBERSHIP ELIGIBILTY in the American Legion is based on honorable service with the U. S. Armed Forces between:
(April 6, 1917 -November 11, 1918) World War I
(December 7, 1941 - December 31, 1946) World War II
(June 25, 1950 - January 31, 1955) Korean War
(February 28, 1961 - May 7, 1975) Vietnam War
(August 24, 1982 - July 31,1984) Lebanon/Grenada
(December 20, 1989 - January 31, 1990) Operation Just Cause
(August 2, 1990 - Today)* Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm
Because eligibility dates remain open, all members of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to join The American Legion at this time, until the date of the end of hostilities as determined by the government of the United States.
Must have served at least one day of active military duty during one of the dates above and honorably discharged or still serving honorably. :
For any questions please contact the NO-VEL Post 159 Adjutant, or just stop by the Post.
Click on the "Application" menu button to the left for an online application form.